What courses will I take?
Courses are intended for students to develop skills across the electrical trades. Your individual course plan may vary, depending on your career goals and requirements.
Certificate programs require a total of 24 credit hours among the following courses. The certificates can be completed in one year.
- Energy Industry Fundamentals (4 cr)
- Hand and Power Tools (1 cr)
- Construction Blueprint Reading (2 cr)
- Energy Technology Project Management (2 cr)
- Strength Training and Physical Conditioning (2 cr)
- Industrial Safety Awareness with First Aid (3 cr)
- Industrial Applications of Basic Mathematical Principles (2 cr)
- Advanced Rigging (2 cr)
- Computer Technology (choose one)
- Introduction to Information Technology (3 cr)
- Industrial Computer Applications (3 cr)
- Electricity (choose one)
- Basic electricity (3 cr)
- AC and DC electricity (3 cr)
The Power Equipment Relay Testing (PERT) certification is a 65-hour engineering technology associate degree program that has different course requirements. It is typically completed in two years.