Library Partners and External Resources
Interlibrary Loan from MeLCat
- MeLCat is a free service that allows you to request books from libraries across Michigan and have them delivered to the Henry Ford College Library. (Resources can only be delivered when the Library is open to the public.)
HFC is part of the MeLCat Visiting Patron Service, which allows you to check out available materials in person from participating libraries. To borrow materials at a participating library, bring your HFC library card, a copy of your class schedule, and a photo ID. View a full list of MeLCat Libraries.
What you need to know before you use MeLCat
If you want to have your materials delivered to the HFC library, you must be a currently enrolled student, faculty, or staff member of Henry Ford College. The Library is currently closed, and will reopen when it is safe to do so.
- You may not request items that are already available in the HFC library system. Please ask an HFC librarian if you have any questions.
- Most books you borrow through MeLCat will be loaned for 3 weeks. You may request one 3-week renewal. Audio/visual materials have a 1 week loan period and may not be renewed.
- You will be notified by phone or email when your items are ready to be picked up. You will also be notified if your request can not be completed for any reason. Note that the date of your checkout of the item is the day it arrives at the HFC library. We recommend you pick up your items promptly.
Reciprocal Borrowing Privileges
HFC students have reciprocal borrowing privileges with the University of Michigan Dearborn. You must present an HFC library card and proof of current semester registration.
Search for books at the University of Michigan - Dearborn Mardigian Library.
HFC students also have reciprocal borrowing privileges at at the Dearborn Centennial Library. You will be issued a guest card with a copy of your current class schedule and a valid Michigan ID.
Search for books at the Dearborn Public Library.
- UM - Dearborn Wizard catalog HFC students have reciprocal borrowing privileges with the University of Michigan-Dearborn. You must present an HFC library card and proof of current registration.
- Dearborn Public Library HFC students have reciprocal borrowing privileges at at the Dearborn Centennial Library. You will be issued a guest card when you show a copy of your current class schedule and a valid Michigan ID.
- Detroit Public Library
- MeLCAT Search more than 250 Michigan libraries, with FREE inter-library loan (delivery takes about 7 to 10 days). Please see our FAQ for details.
- The Library Network (TLN) iBistro covers over 120 Southeast Michigan public and school libraries.
- Wayne State University Libraries
- Library of Michigan (ANSWER) State library in Lansing, Michigan.
- U of M Library (Ann Arbor): MIRLYN