Guaranteed admission. Two college degrees in 4-6 years. Abundant resources at the lowest possible cost.
This is Learn4ward, a partnership between Henry Ford College and Wayne State University.
Learn4ward allows you to begin your academic and career pathway at HFC and seamlessly transfer to Wayne State with guaranteed admission earning both an associate and bachelor’s degree within 4-6 years. The program amplifies the many opportunities, resources, and benefits on HFC and Wayne State's campuses, including facilities and student services.
Prior to transferring to Wayne State, you can earn any HFC Associate Degree within 3 years of enrolling at HFC.
What are the benefits of this program to HFC students?
Some of the benefits include:
- Transfer of all earned associate degree credit hours, saving students time and money
- Specialized advising and support tailored to each student’s academic and career goals at both institutions and virtually
- A 3-year tuition freeze at HFC
- Coordinated and collaborative efforts to provide a connected student experience between HFC and Wayne State
- Wayne State scholarship opportunities for qualifying HFC students
- Free career services, including access to exciting internships, co-ops, co-curricular experiences and employment opportunities
- Free access to many recreational facilities, athletic events and cultural events at both institutions
Learn4ward students will have access to many resources and activities at Wayne State while enrolled at HFC:
- You may register for select Wayne State classes before graduating from HFC.
- Free access to recreational facilities, athletic events, and cultural events at both HFC and Wayne State.
- Free access to key library resources, research, and academic support at HFC and Wayne State.
- Free career support services at both HFC and Wayne State to assist with job, internship, and co-curricular experiences.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible if you are enrolled at Henry Ford College and meet these criteria:
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Complete a minimum of 60 credit hours at HFC in a specified program
- Earn an Associate degree at HFC within 3 years of enrolling
- Apply to Wayne State within 1 academic year after earning your Associate degree at HFC
You should apply for this program at the beginning of your enrollment at HFC, so you can receive specific advising to make sure your classes meet the standards of the Wayne State degree that you will be seeking, and so you will have early access to both HFC and Wayne State resources.
How do I sign up?
When you apply, please indicate your interest in the Learn4ward program, including which university you prefer to transfer to. Indicating your interest does not obligate you in any way. You will receive advising and assistance to help you enroll in the program that best suits your interests and needs.
Please reach out to Coordinator of Student Success Lorraine Paffenroth, email@example.com, to learn more about the Learn4ward program.