Transfer Credits to HFCC
We need an official transcript to grant you equivalent HFCC credit. Official transcripts are sent directly from your previous college to HFCC. Please request your previous college to send an official copy of your transcript to:
Henry Ford Community College
5101 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
The College always tries to award direct equivalent credit. For example, course XXX ###: Intro to Data Processing from State College equals CIS 100: Principles of Data Processing at HFCC.
When direct equivalences are not available, elective credit is usually awarded.
General requirements to receive transfer credit at HFCC are:
- An "official" transcript mailed directly from your previous college to HFCC. Military personnel should forward their DD295, DD214, or DANTES transcripts to HFCC.
- Transfer credit must be from a regionally accredited college or university.
- The course must be considered college level.
- Only grades of 2.0 ("C") or higher are transferable.
- The American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendation will be used for all military training.
After receipt of your official college transcript, The Registrar's Office will evaluate the course work and post credit equivalents as transfer credit on your HFCC transcripts. Please note the the process could take up to 4 weeks. All transcripts are evaluated in the order they are received.
Before you check out how your classes will transfer into HFCC, don't forget these two overriding policies.
- You may transfer in a maximum of 40 semester credit hours.
- Students with a bachelor's degree receive a General Education waiver. For example, you will receive credit for:
- ENG 131 and ENG 132/ENG 135, which meet the Information Literacy and Written Communication outcomes.
- American Society, Events, Institutions and Cultures outcome.
- Wellness outcome.