Transfer Credits to HFC

Transfer Information

HFC welcomes transfer students from institutions of higher education and the United States military. The College always tries to award direct equivalent credit. When direct equivalences are unavailable, elective credit is usually awarded. Students may transfer a maximum of 90 credits towards a bachelor degree, 40 credits towards an associate degree and 25 percent of the total credits required towards a certificate of achievement. Additional restrictions may apply based upon the program of study.

General Requirements

General requirements to receive transfer credit at HFC are:

  • An “official” transcript submitted (U.S. mail, secured email, fax) directly from the student’s previous college to HFC;
  • Transfer credit must be from a regionally accredited college or university;
  • The course must be considered college level;
  • Only grades of 2.0 (“C”) or higher are transferable; and
  • The American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendation will be used for all military training.

Official transcripts are sent directly from the student’s previous college to HFC. After receipt of the student’s official college transcript, The Registrar’s Office will evaluate the course work and post credit equivalents as transfer credit on the student’s HFC transcripts. Students must request that their previous college send an official copy of their transcript to:

Transcript Evaluation
Henry Ford College
5101 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128

Transfer equivalent credit may also be awarded for some AP and CLEP tests.

For questions about transfer credits applied to a student record, please email the Registration and Records office at

Transfer Credits to HFC