You can earn your HFC associate degree with no tuition increases.
HFC's Tuition Freeze Guarantee helps assure that you are making the best choice possible for your education, and that you're earning that education at the most affordable rates. If you meet the qualifications below, you will receive a refund for any tuition increases that took place during your HFC education.
How does our Tuition Freeze Guarantee work?
The HFC Tuition Freeze Guarantee ensures that any tuition increase put in place by the College after your initial semester of enrollment will be refunded to you after you earn your HFC associate degree. All you have to do is meet the qualifications below.
Requirements and qualifications for the Tuition Freeze Guarantee
- Four consecutive years: You must earn your HFC associate degree within four consecutive years after first enrolling at HFC. (An HFC associate degree can be earned in two years or less if you attend full-time at 15 credit hours in fall/winter semesters, or 12 credits in fall/winter/summer [12-12-6] semesters. We recommend you complete your degree in the shortest amount of time in which you can successfully complete the coursework).
- Tuition after Semester One: Any refund will be based solely on the amount of tuition increase imposed after the initial semester of your four (or fewer) consecutive years at HFC.
- Tuition only: Any refund will include tuition only. Fees are not included in the Guarantee.
- Financial aid not included: The Guarantee cannot be claimed for any semester during which you received financial aid, (except for loans, which can be claimed).
- HFC coursework only: All coursework for your HFC degree must have been completed at HFC. Credits transferred to HFC do not qualify.
- First 62 credit hours: A tuition refund will apply only to the first 62 credit hours needed to complete an HFC associate degree program.
- One refund: Only one refund under the Guarantee will be issued per student.
- One year after graduation: A formal request for a refund must be made within one year of your HFC graduation date. To make a formal request for the Tuition Freeze Guarantee, after you graduate, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail a letter to the address below.
- Six weeks to receive refund: Refund checks may be expected 6 weeks after you have received written approval that you have met the criteria for the tuition freeze guarantee.
If you meet the qualifications above, send your request for a Tuition Freeze Guarantee Refund to:
Tuition Freeze Guarantee
Registration and Records
Henry Ford College
5101 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
Be sure to include:
- Your name
- HANK ID number
- HFC degree received
- Date of graduation
Further information regarding the Tuition Freeze Guarantee may be obtained from the Office of Registration and Records.
Questions? Call 313-845-9600.