Customer Service Professional Certificate of Achievement
Do you want to be a highly qualified frontline employee who helps customers achieve their goals? Careers in customer service help businesses grow and help customers succeed.
Interested in this program?
Demand is high! There is a growing need for talented people in Customer Service roles.
Are you an active listener, solution seeker, and great communicator who likes working with the public? Are you considering a stackable career credential that could lead to a satisfying career? HFC’s Customer Service Professional Certificate of Achievement can help you build a career path in an in-demand market. This program includes a collaborative of great employers across Metro Detroit.
- Our collaborative group of employee partners across Metro Detroit offers a starting average wage of $16-$21 per hour.
- State of Michigan Labor Market Information lists Customer Service Representatives starting wages from $13-$21 per hour.
- Customer Service Representative is projected as the 6th largest occupation in Michigan until 2028.
- Real-time data projects more than 12,000 opportunities in next 18 months in Southeast Michigan.
- Demand data demonstrates a high volume of continuing hiring needs in southeast Michigan.
- Customer service is a multifaceted career pathway that provides growth opportunities in many industries.
Reasons to consider HFC’s Customer Service Professional Certificate of Achievement
HFC’s Customer Service Professional Certificate of Achievement is a career pathway program developed in consultation with businesses such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, Ford Motor Company, DTE Energy, Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center, and many others.
- It is a fast-tracked certificate that can be completed in one full-time semester.
- It has an approved curriculum by several Metro Detroit employers who know the curriculum aligns with the core competencies they need.
- It is a career pathway that can lead to other jobs in the industry. This stackable credential can lead to a General Business Associate degree at HFC.
- Looking for a higher degree? The HFC General Business Associate degree has multiple agreements with Michigan colleges and universities if you want to complete a bachelor of Business Administration degree.
You may download our program flyer (PDF) if you wish to review or share this information offline.
What skills will I learn and improve?
Some of the skills you will learn include:
- Intrapersonal behaviors (within yourself) and interpersonal behaviors (interacting with others)
- On-the-job behaviors
- Group behavior and team building
- Communication skills
- Strategies for problem solving, coping with challenges and dissatisfied customers
- Methods to retain customers, measuring customer satisfaction
- Integration of technology and delivering customer service
- Business grammar and punctuation
What are my career opportunities?
Some of the available career positions include:
- Account Representative
- Call Center Representative
- Client Services Representative
- Customer Care Representative
- Customer Service Agent
- Customer Service Representative
- Customer Service Specialist
- Member Services Representative
- Sales Facilitator
Business partners: join our collaborative!
Is your business looking for qualified talent?
HFC has been chosen by a local industry partner collaborative as the preferred educational provider to train the growing Customer Service Representative pipeline in Metro Detroit. The collaborative’s efforts address workforce talent challenges by building a diverse talent pipeline through a foundational training program. The collaborative aims to provide strong career opportunities for entry level positions in customer service.
If your company is interested in:
- Recruiting graduates from the Customer Service Professional Certificate of Achievement
- Becoming a partner to participate in working sessions to identify areas where the program can meet your current and future hiring needs
- Identifying industry experts who can teach tomorrow's customer service employees