Customer Service Professional Certificate of Achievement
Do you want to be a highly qualified frontline employee who helps customers achieve their goals? Careers in customer service help businesses grow and help customers succeed.
Interested in this program?
Demand is high! There is a growing need for talented people in Customer Service roles.
Are you an active listener, solution seeker, and great communicator who likes working with the public? Are you considering a stackable career credential that could lead to a satisfying career? HFC’s Customer Service Professional Certificate of Achievement can help you build a career path in an in-demand market. This program includes a collaborative of great employers across Metro Detroit.
- Our collaborative group of employee partners across Metro Detroit offers a starting average wage of $16-$21 per hour.
- State of Michigan Labor Market Information lists Customer Service Representatives starting wages from $13-$21 per hour.
- Customer Service Representative is projected as the 6th largest occupation in Michigan until 2028.
- Real-time data projects more than 12,000 opportunities in next 18 months in Southeast Michigan.
- Demand data demonstrates a high volume of continuing hiring needs in southeast Michigan.
- Customer service is a multifaceted career pathway that provides growth opportunities in many industries.
Reasons to consider HFC’s Customer Service Professional Certificate of Achievement
HFC’s Customer Service Professional Certificate of Achievement is a career pathway program developed in consultation with businesses such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, Ford Motor Company, DTE Energy, Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center, and many others.
- It is a fast-tracked certificate that can be completed in one full-time semester.
- It has an approved curriculum by several Metro Detroit employers who know the curriculum aligns with the core competencies they need.
- It is a career pathway that can lead to other jobs in the industry. This stackable credential can lead to a General Business Associate degree at HFC.
- Looking for a higher degree? The HFC General Business Associate degree has multiple agreements with Michigan colleges and universities if you want to complete a bachelor of Business Administration degree.
You may download our program flyer (PDF) if you wish to review or share this information offline.
What skills will I learn and improve?
Some of the skills you will learn include:
- Intrapersonal behaviors (within yourself) and interpersonal behaviors (interacting with others)
- On-the-job behaviors
- Group behavior and team building
- Communication skills
- Strategies for problem solving, coping with challenges and dissatisfied customers
- Methods to retain customers, measuring customer satisfaction
- Integration of technology and delivering customer service
- Business grammar and punctuation
What are my career opportunities?
Some of the available career positions include:
- Account Representative
- Call Center Representative
- Client Services Representative
- Customer Care Representative
- Customer Service Agent
- Customer Service Representative
- Customer Service Specialist
- Member Services Representative
- Sales Facilitator
Business partners: join our collaborative!
Is your business looking for qualified talent?
HFC has been chosen by a local industry partner collaborative as the preferred educational provider to train the growing Customer Service Representative pipeline in Metro Detroit. The collaborative’s efforts address workforce talent challenges by building a diverse talent pipeline through a foundational training program. The collaborative aims to provide strong career opportunities for entry level positions in customer service.
If your company is interested in:
- Recruiting graduates from the Customer Service Professional Certificate of Achievement
- Becoming a partner to participate in working sessions to identify areas where the program can meet your current and future hiring needs
- Identifying industry experts who can teach tomorrow's customer service employees
Current collaborative partners include:
How to enroll or get more information for Fall 2021
Sign up for an info session: Customer Service Professional Certificate of Achievement
We are offering two free information sessions to learn more about this great new opportunity. The program can be completed in one full-time semester.
July 20 10:00 am - 11:00 am Sign up at the link above, or Join event at this Zoom link
July 22 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Sign up at the link above, or Join event at this Zoom link
Ready to apply for this program now?
You can be one of the first 24 students in this exciting program in Fall 2021!
There is no cost to apply.