HFC has partnered with area high schools to provide Career Technical Education (CTE) programs and articulation agreements that allow students the opportunity to earn credit for coursework completed in high school.
Students who successfully complete a CTE program at one of our partner high schools are eligible to apply for free college credit(s) within three years of their graduation date. The free college credit(s) is placed onto the student’s HFC transcripts as a transferred credit.
CTE provides students with academic learning experiences that are relevant to the real world, job-related skills that increase employability, and career pathways that link high school and college education. Other benefits include:
- Reduces student college expenditures and classroom seat time;
- High school students can obtain college credit(s) that leads to industry credentials and/or an associate degree; AND
- Personal leadership development in high school CTE clubs collaborate with professionals in employment areas that can advance student employment and education.
- Download the CTE Student Application for Articulated Credit and work with your high school principal or CTE Administrator to complete the application.
- Submit your completed form to:
Henry Ford College
Career and Technical Education Secondary Partnerships
3601 Schaefer, Building A
Dearborn, MI 48126
- Once your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted by a representative from Secondary Partnerships at HFC.
- Complete and submit a HFC Admission Application.
- Prior to registering for classes, meet with the appropriate HFC program contact to review college courses at HFC that must be completed in order to receive your articulated credit. Program contact names and information are available from HFC Programs of Study, or by calling Secondary Partnerships at 313-317-6616.