Dual enrollment: College for High School Students

Are you a high school student looking to get a head start in your college coursework? Is there a course you are interested in that is not offered by your high school? Henry Ford College offers many opportunities to help high school students accelerate their education. Note: In most cases, students must be academically dedicated and willing to attend school full-time to achieve their goals through these programs.

Advanced Placement - College and High School credits

The Advanced Placement (AP) program provides high school seniors the opportunity to earn both college and high school credits by taking college-level courses in a high school setting. If you are applying to HFC and wish to receive credits for AP courses taken in high school, follow the instructions here.

Henry Ford Early College - For Health Careers

Henry Ford Early College (HFEC) is a five-year program that allows students to complete high school and up to two years of college credit(s) in preparation for a career in health care. Students begin as a high school freshman and may be eligible for employment in the Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) upon graduation. For more information, visit the HFEC website.


Henry Ford Collegiate Academy

A high school diploma + free college degree in 5 years

Students attending Dearborn Public Schools can earn both a high school diploma and an associate degree in only five years at no cost to parents or students through the Henry Ford Collegiate Academy (HFCA). The HFCA allows students to enter the program during their junior year of high school. Normally, a high school diploma and a college diploma would take at least 6 years (4 high school + 2 college). For more information, visit the HFCA website.


Advancement Plus - For High Academic Achievers

Academically qualified high school students who wish to take college-level courses numbered 100 and above may participate in HFC's Advancement Plus program. Tuition and fees for an Advancement Plus student are paid by the student’s parent(s) or guardian(s). View application and instructions.


Dual Enrollment - For Any Career

Students attending high school may enroll in college courses through HFC's Dual Enrollment program. If qualified, high school students participating in Dual Enrollment will have their tuition and fees paid by their school district. View application instructions.


Secondary Partnerships - For Career and Technical credit

Students who successfully complete a Career Technical Education (CTE) program at one of our partner high schools are eligible to apply for free college transfer credits within three years of their graduation date. View application and instructions.