May 2014, Italy
Join the Business & Computer Technology Division and the Communications Division in traveling to Italy. Travelers will visit Rome, Florence, the Vatican City, and Tuscany to study the cultural and commercial aspects of these cities.
Event Information and Registration
- Study Abroad Italy, 2014.
- Travel Dates
- May 16-25, 2014
- The HFCC contingent will depart from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport on Friday, May 16, 2014, returning Sunday, May 25, 2014.
- Rome, Florence, Vatican City and Tuscany. Other destinations are currently under review.
- Deposit Deadline
- $100 non-refundable fee due Jan. 17, 2014 by 4 p.m. to the Cashier's Office in the Welcome Center. After Jan. 17, the deposit is $200 and due by Jan. 20, 2014. Checks should be made payable to Henry Ford Community College; Study Abroad in Italy 2014 should be noted in the MEMO section of the check. The first 20 students, based on time and date of the check received by HFCC, will secure a place on this trip.
- $2,999 (triple occupancy) or $3,109 (double occupancy) per student. The College is working with Brightspark travel agency to make this trip to Italy possible. This price includes round-trip airfare, hotel, daily breakfast, and round-trip train tickets from Rome to Florence. Students must budget for additional meals, public transportation as needed, incidentals, as well as souvenirs. Price excludes tuition and fees.
- Financial aid may be applied toward the tuition and fees for BBA 290, as well as pricing for the actual trip overseas. A friend or spouse may accompany the student traveler; applicable trip fees apply.
Financial aid may be available and is based on the number of credit hours in which the student is enrolled each semester. Financial aid funds are paid directly to a student's HFCC account at the start of each semester. Financial aid funds cannot be released early to assist with fees associated with the required deposit and travel arrangements. If you have questions about financial aid eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students must be at least 18-years-old;
- Students must provide documentation of medical insurance;
- Students must sign verification forms;
- Students must have a valid United States passport (no VISAs are required);
- Students can register for BBA 290: Study Abroad in International Business, which HFCC will offer during the Spring 2014 semester (prerequisite is completion of BBA 131: Introduction to Business with a grade of C or better, or permission from instructor); and
- Students must take ITAL 290: Study Abroad in Italian Language and Culture for the Spring 2014 semester (students must obtain permissions of the instructor to take this class).
For questions about the prices of the trip to Italy, please visit the Brightspark website. For questions about BBA 290, contact Doug Langs at email@example.com. For questions and further information about the Study Abroad in Italy program, contact Katherine Grahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 2013, Belgium and Germany
In May 2013, students flew to Brussels, Belgium and visited the Stella Artois factory, the Chocolaterie Duval Bruxelles chocolate factory, the American Chamber of Commerce to the European Union, the European Union Parliamentarian, then traveled by bullet train to Frankfurt, Germany. In Germany, the group visited the European Central Bank, a Volkswagen plant, the FOM University, and other sites. The 10-day educational experience emphasized the difference between doing business in the European Union versus business in the U.S. It was a very successful trip and the students enjoyed their educational experience.