Pre-Education Conference March 24
HFC will host a Pre-Education Conference for Pre-Education majors on Friday, March 24. This conference takes place on the first floor of the Andrew A. Mazzara Administrative Services & Conference Center (ASCC, Bldg. L) from 9 a.m. to noon.
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. in the ASCC lobby. In addition, HFC will serve a continental breakfast. The following sessions begin at 9 a.m. and run until noon:
- English Language Learners;
- Diversity in the Detroit Metropolitan Area;
- Child Development;
- Special Education;
- Hands-On Learning Sessions; and
- Types of Certification/Professional Readiness Exam.
“These sessions are for any community member and/or high school students interested in learning more about the field of education. It’s a great way to get introduced to a variety of educational areas,” said Dr. Patricia Lanzon, HFC Pre-Education director.
Faculty members from the HFC Pre-Education program and representatives from several universities will have information tables set up. The following universities will be attending:
- University of Detroit Mercy (UDM);
- Eastern Michigan University (EMU);
- Madonna University;
- Rochester College;
- Siena Heights University (SHU);
- Ferris State University (FSU);
- University of Michigan-Dearborn (UM-Dearborn); and
- Wayne State University.
This event costs $10 to attend and is open to those interested in pre-education. For questions or further information, contact Lanzon at 313-317-1532 or email@example.com.