“Imagine the Possibilities: Non-Traditional Health Careers for Men” April 9
HFCC will host “Imagine the Possibilities: Non-Traditional Health Careers for Men” Wednesday, April 9, from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Room H-150 in the Health Careers Education Center.
HFCC’s University Transfer, Advising & Career Counseling Center coordinates this event, which is supported through Perkins Act funding.
“The Perkins Act provides funding to improve gender participation and completion in nontraditional programs of study that prepare individuals for under-represented occupations,” said HFCC Counselor Diane Green, who coordinates this event.
The event schedule is as follows:
- 7:30 a.m.: Registration & Welcome;
- 8 a.m.: Career Services, Student Outreach & Support;
- 8:30 a.m.: Physical Therapy Assistant, Medical Assistant/ Biller;
- 9 a.m.: Respiratory Therapy;
- 9:30 a.m.: Radiography;
- 10 a.m.: Nursing;
- 10:30 a.m.: Keynote Presentation;
- 11 a.m.: Surgical Technology;
- 11:30 a.m.: Ophthalmic Technician;
- 12 p.m.: Pharmacy Technology; and
- 12:30 p.m.: Lunch/Prizes.
Admission is free, as well as breakfast and lunch. Drop-ins are welcome.
For more information and to register, please call 313.845.9617 or email email@example.com.