Fifty-One O One opens Wednesday, Feb 5 with Tempting Culinary Schedule
HFCC's Fifty-One O One – the student-run restaurant, located in the Student & Culinary Arts Center on the main campus – will reopen for the winter 2014 semester Wednesday, Feb. 5, at 11:30 a.m.
In addition to the everyday menu featuring pastas, steak, and chicken, each week the College’s chefs and students will prepare and present a different regional American or international cuisine. The schedule for winter is as follows:
- Week of Feb. 4: the theme is Southern Italian;
- Week of Feb. 12: the theme is Premium Steak House;
- Week of Feb. 18: the theme is Cuisine of the Deep South;
- Week of Feb. 25: the theme is Country French;
- Week of March 4: the theme is Northern Italian;
- Week of March 10: COLLEGE CLOSED – SPRING BREAK;
- Week of March 18: the theme is Imperial Gastropub;
- Week of March 25: the theme is Contemporary French Cuisine;
- Week of April 1: the theme is Polish Cuisine;
- Week of April 8: the theme is Flavors of Key West;
- Week of April 15: the theme is Greek Café; and
- Week of April 22: the theme is Cuisine of the Pacific Northwest.
Additionally, please make note of the following special events: * Wednesday, March 19: St Patrick’s Day Buffet ($14 per person); * Wednesday, April 9: New Orleans Seafood Buffet ($16 per person); and * Thursday, April 24: Scholarship Dinner ($45 per person; visit www.henryfordculinary.com for further information).
“The diversity and energy of our current group of students contributes tremendously to the authenticity and quality of each dish we serve,” said Joseph E. Cosenza, Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE) and HFCC Chef de Cuisine.
The restaurant is open every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during the winter 2014 semester from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for lunch. Dinner hours are 6 to 7:45 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday evenings. The final day for the winter 2014 Semester is Thursday, April 24.
Reservations are recommended and are currently booking. For more information and to make reservations, please call 313.206.5101.