Honors Program Hosts Transfer Workshop Feb. 12
HFCC's Honors Program will sponsor a Transfer Workshop from 2:10 to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 12, in the Michael Berry Amphitheater of the Andrew A. Mazzara Administrative Services & Conference Center (ASCC).
PLEASE NOTE: The University of Michigan (U-M) Ann Arbor recently announced that it is extending its FALL 2014 TRANSFER DEADLINE TO FEB. 15 (the deadline until this announcement had been Feb. 1). This action is explicitly designed to expand applications from community college students. It will run from 3:10 to 4 p.m.
The Transfer Workshop provides information to HFCC students and the public regarding the following:
- Transferring to a four-year college/university; and
- Long-term career planning.
The Transfer Workshop will take place in two sessions:
- A Panel Discussion: A panel of HFCC alumni will discuss the prudent approaches of transferring to four-year colleges/universities, as well as planning a long-term career path.
- A Presentation by U-M Ann Arbor Admissions Representatives: U-M admission representatives will discuss the following:
- Expanded scholarship opportunities for HFCC students transferring to U-M;
- The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program at U-M;
- The 2014 Community College Summer Fellowship Program; and
- Effective Application Procedures.
The Transfer Workshop is open to all HFCC students, faculty, staff and the general public. For more information, please contact Dr. Michael Daher, Director of the HFCC Honors Program, at 313.845.6460.