Annual Mike Adray Memorial Golf Tournament May 15
The 22nd Annual HFCC Mike Adray Memorial Golf Tournament will hit the green Wednesday, May 15, in an effort to provide critical funding for 100 scholarships of $1,000 each for local high school students seeking a college education.
The event takes place at the Dearborn Country Club (www.dearborncountryclub.net/), located at 800 North Military Street in Dearborn. This year’s presenting sponsor is Enertron LLC (http://www.enertronllc.com), a technology company headquartered in Warren. A continental breakfast is available at 6 a.m. Morning golfer registration will open at 6:30 a.m. The silent auction begins at 7 a.m. and continues throughout the day. The morning round starts at 7:30 a.m. Lunch begins at 11:45 a.m.
Afternoon golf registration will open at noon and the afternoon round will begin at 1 p.m. Entertainment, along with wine tasting and appetizers, will be at 4 p.m. Dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m.
As the largest annual fund-raising event for the HFCC Foundation, this event brings together community leaders, alumni and friends, organizations and companies to support the academic endeavors of students seeking a college education. According to John Lewandowski, executive director of the HFCC Foundation, the tournament has raised nearly $1 million for scholarships since its inception in 1991.
“The students who receive the scholarships funded by the Adray Tournament are the best and brightest from the Top 10 area high schools sending students to HFCC. Nearly half of the recipients are from the Dearborn area, followed by Detroit and Downriver, so the students are truly representative of the community,” said Lewandowski.
Fairlane Ford will once again be a Hole-In-One Sponsor for the tournament. Players will have a shot at sinking a hole-in-one and win a lease on a brand new Ford Fusion. Other sponsors include:
• Golf Cart Sponsor – Doyle Marketing;
• Golfer Gift Sponsor – Fairlane Town Center;
• Benefactor Sponsor – The Adray Foundation;
• Refreshment Location Sponsor – Park Place Banquet and Catering;
• Practice Green Sponsor – Sentinel Technologies;
• Lunch Sponsor – Financial Aid Services;
• Driving Range Sponsor – SHW Group;
• College Basket Sponsor – MemberFocus Community Credit Union;
• Beverage Sponsor – Plante & Moran;
• Pre-Dinner Reception Sponsor – Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center;
• Breakfast Sponsor – University of Michigan Dearborn;
• Entertainment Sponsor – Butzel Long;
• Silent Auction Sponsors – HFCC Federation of Teachers AFT Local 1650 and HFCC Administrators Association Local 71;
• Wine Sponsor – HFCC Federation of Teachers AFT Local 1650;
• Photography Sponsors – J.P. Morgan Chase and Pipeline Productions;
• Snack Sponsor – Frank Rewold and Son, Inc.;
• Refreshment Cart Sponsor – Canton Computers;
• Eagle Club Sponsors – Detroit Elevator Company, McVety & Associates, Century 21 Curran & Christie; Schindler Elevator Corporation; Owens Landscaping; Consolidated Financial Corp., and John B. O’Reilly Jr. Committee;
• Media Sponsors – Dearborn Times-Herald/Bewick Productions, Heritage Newspapers, and The Arab American News;
• Hole-in-One Sponsors – Fairlane Ford and Jack Demmer Automotive Group;
• Hole Sponsors – Entech Staffing Solutions LLC, HFCC Adjunct Faculty Organization Local 337, Morgan Stanley Lutenski Barris Group, WH Canon Company, Siena Heights University, Trinity Transportation, Turner Construction, HFCC Support Staff Association, and OneDearborn.
There are nine additional hole sponsorships available.
Interested golfers may sign up for the morning round for only $200 or the afternoon round for $250. Attendees will play 18 holes of golf, receive breakfast, lunch, dinner and all evening activities – including wine tasting (nominal donation), entertainment and a silent auction. Dinner-only tickets are available for $75. Tournament sponsorships are available beginning at $500.
For further information, please call 313.845.9620 or visit www.adraygolf.com.