College Store ordering for summer 2021
The HFC College Store (Building C on the main campus) has been the place for students to purchase textbooks, supplies, and HFC merchandise.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the College Store will be closed until further notice. There is currently no in-store shopping.
Credit card online orders for the Summer 2021 semester will begin Thursday, April 1.
Textbook information (if submitted) can be viewed on the College Store’s website. It is updated as new orders are received.
Phones are answered Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. However, please note that College Store staff members cannot take any orders over the phone.
The College Store will offer Store Pickup for a limited time at no charge for the Summer 2021 semester, which begins on Tuesday, May 11. The last day to select “Store Pickup” as an option will be prior to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 14.
When ordering for pickup:
- Please consolidate your orders as much as possible instead of ordering multiple times.
- Please order as early as possible.
- Wait until you receive email notification that your order is ready to be picked up.
- Orders may take up to 72 hours to be processed based on the volume of orders received.
- Orders can be picked up Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. -- after you have received confirmation that your order is ready.
When you come to pick up your order:
- Use the north entrance to the College, go through the screening process, and then park in Parking Lot 3 near the College Store.
- Call 313-317-6585.
- College Store staff members will need your name and order number to complete your transaction and ensure the accuracy of your order.
- Once this is done, you should proceed to the front entrance of the College Store and line up on the sidewalk in front of the store using the yellow tape as a guide to ensure proper social distancing.
- Masks are also required.
All orders placed after 4:00 p.m. on May 14 and throughout the rest of the Summer 2021 semester will be shipped via UPS. Free UPS shipping will be offered during the month of April. Afterward, the standard shipping fee of $7.99 per order will remain in effect for the rest of the semester. Please ensure the accuracy of your shipping and email addresses when using this option.
Effective Monday, May 3, students can begin using financial aid to make online purchases at the College Store. You should check the maximum limit available prior to selecting financial aid as a payment option. To ensure the ordering process runs smoothly, make sure you have sufficient funds in your financial aid account prior to placing an order. All orders without insufficient financial aid funding will be cancelled.
Financial aid cannot be used on the College Store website on Thursdays until the weekly refunds have been processed. This applies to Thursdays after the first refund process is run for the semester.
Also effective Monday, May 3, students can begin using third party sponsorships. You should email your name, student ID number, company sponsor, and class schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for rental returns for Winter semester is Monday, May 10. Rental returns can be placed in the rental drop box by the Learning Success Center (Building A), near the flagpole and the circle drive off Evergreen Road.
The drop box is located under the overhang by the east entrance to Building A. Students should tape a note to the book with their name and student ID number to ensure proper credit. The rental sticker on the back of the book must also be intact to get proper credit for the return.
Only rental books should be put in the dropbox. Other books, whether they’re from the Eshelman Library, Henry Ford Early College (HFEC), buybacks, and surplus books – should not be put in the dropbox.
Book buyback has been discontinued until the College Store reopens. Students have the option of dealing with the Nebraska Book Company directly. There are also other options available online for students who wish to sell their textbooks on their own.
College Store manager Pamela Hall asks students for your patience because the College Store is receiving so many orders. She promises that she and fellow staff members will get your orders fulfilled as soon as possible.
For questions or more information, call 313-845-9603.