CARES Act funding available to qualifying HFC students
The federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act has provided institutions with grant funding intended to provide students emergency grants for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus.
Grant Requests will be reviewed in the order received. These funds are limited, and submission of the form does not guarantee funding availability.
To qualify for CARES Act funding, HFC students must:
- Meet financial aid requirements:
- Have completed a 2019-2020 FAFSA
- Have submitted all required financial aid documents
- Be enrolled in an eligible program of study at Henry Ford College (a degree-granting program)
- Meet SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) standards
- Be otherwise eligible to receive Title IV financial aid
- Be enrolled in at least one Summer HFC class.
- Have incurred expenses directly related to the change in campus operations due to coronavirus. Categories for CARES grant funding include:
- Computer Purchase (only available to students who did NOT receive CARES funding in Winter 2020 for this purpose)
- Internet Service
- Software Related to Online Courses
- Other Technology Related to Online Courses (Printer, Scanner, Camera, Microphone, etc.)
- Increased Utility Costs Related to Online Courses
How to submit the form
Submit the form electronically. After you complete it, submit the CARES Act Grant Request form to the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit through Self Service. If you prefer to use Self Service, contact the Office of Financial Aid via email at email@example.com or call (313) 845-9616 to request “document upload” for this form.
CARES grants will be made on a rolling basis, based on when applications are received. There is currently no specific deadline. However, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Grants will continue only as long as funding lasts.