HFC Hosts “Careers in the Health Professions: Imagine the Possibilities” Seminar April 24
HFC will host its annual “Careers in the Health Professions: Imagine the Possibilities” seminar Wednesday, April 24, from 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Hackett Conference Room (Rm. G-150) in the Health Careers Building (Building G) located on the main campus.
The event brings together top professionals in each field to describe the programs and the opportunities for students.
The HFC Student Outreach and Support (SOS) Office coordinates this event, which is a Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act (Perkins Act) recognized program.
The event schedule is as follows:
* 7:30 a.m.: Registration and Continental Breakfast
* 8:00 a.m.: SOS (Dr. Brenda Hildreth)
* 8:15 a.m.: Medical Assistant (Liz Hoffman)
* 8:45 a.m.: Physical Therapy Assistant (Steven Pedley)
* 9:00 a.m.: Respiratory Therapy (Kim Najarian and Ray Robinson)
* 9:30 a.m.: Radiography (Susan Jabara)
* 10:00 a.m.: Nursing (Shadi Shami and Trina Moore)
* 11:00 a.m.: Surgical Technology (Keambra Pierson)
* 11:30 a.m.: Ophthalmic Technician (Kathy Campbell)
* 12:00 p.m.: Pharmacy Technology (Keith Binion)
* 12:30 p.m.: Career Services (Chad Austin)
* 1:00 p.m.: Program Admissions Services (Maya Calloway Richardson)
* 1:15 p.m.: Lunch and Prizes
This event is free and open to the public.