Library Services during the pandemic
You can contact us if you have questions, need a library barcode, or need help doing library research.
Ask for help:
- By live chat - "Ask a Librarian"
- By email – contact us or email the Library Director at email@example.com for questions about fines, MeL items, or registration holds.
- By phone – (313) 845-9606. We will respond during library business hours.
- By text message - (313) 241-3489
Fall 2022 Hours
We're available to help you in person during the following hours:
In-Person/Online: Monday - Thursday, 8:00am to 6:30pm, Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Online only: Saturday, 1:00pm to 4:00pm, Sunday, 3:00pm to 7:00pm
Troubleshooting access to online resources
The Henry Ford College Eshleman Library provides online research databases for students, faculty, and staff. These databases are accessible from off campus with a library barcode number.
If you need a library card or you need help, please contact a librarian.
Browser, network, website security or ISP problem (most common issues):
- Browser issues: Try a different web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari). This is the most common solution. Databases such as CINAHL and Kanopy often work best in Firefox.
- Browser cache full: Go to your browser settings and clear the history (cache) and cookies, restart your browser, and try to reconnect.
- Browser update required: Check to ensure that your browser is up to date.
- Local firewall preventing use of the library proxy: This problem is common in corporate or institutional settings. Contact your local network administrator for support.
- Internet service provider (ISP) preventing use of the library proxy: Some ISPs, especially satellite providers, may prevent the use of proxies. Contact your ISP for support.
- Please contact a librarian
Database is asking for a password other than library barcode
The library usually does not use separate login information for databases. If a database asks for a different password, it is often due to the following factors:
- Attempting to access the database directly, rather than linking from the HFC library page. Access the resource from the Library website directly.
- The database timed out due to inactivity. Initiate a new session using a link from the Library website.
- The number of simultaneous users allowed under the library's contract for the database has been exceeded. Wait a few minutes, then try to access the resource again.