Library Services during the pandemic
The library building is closed until further notice, but we’re still here to help you!
You can contact us if you have questions, need a library barcode, or need help doing library research.
Ask for help:
- By live chat - "Ask a Librarian"
- By email – contact us or email the Library Director at email@example.com for questions about fines, MeL items, or registration holds.
- By phone – (313) 845-9760. We will respond during library business hours.
- By text message - (313) 241-3489
We are currently available to help you Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you have any library materials checked out, please do not return them to campus. Your materials will not be due until further notice. No overdue fines will be assessed on materials currently checked out.
Reserve a Table or Computer
Most library services remain online. You may reserve a library table or library computer for individual 60-minute use (sorry, no group work is allowed at this time).
Appointments are available Mondays 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Thursdays 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
You may use your HFC credentials to login at the link below, select "Search Availability" from the Student Menu on the left, then select "Library In-Person Resources" from the Center list to make your reservation.
Troubleshooting access to online resources
The Henry Ford College Eshleman Library provides online research databases for students, faculty, and staff. These databases are accessible from off campus with a library barcode number.
If you need a library card or you need help, please contact a librarian.
Browser, network, website security or ISP problem (most common issues):
- Browser issues: Try a different web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari). This is the most common solution. Databases such as CINAHL and Kanopy often work best in Firefox.
- Browser cache full: Go to your browser settings and clear the history (cache) and cookies, restart your browser, and try to reconnect.
- Browser update required: Check to ensure that your browser is up to date.
- Local firewall preventing use of the library proxy: This problem is common in corporate or institutional settings. Contact your local network administrator for support.
- Internet service provider (ISP) preventing use of the library proxy: Some ISPs, especially satellite providers, may prevent the use of proxies. Contact your ISP for support.
- Please contact a librarian
Database is asking for a password other than library barcode
The library usually does not use separate login information for databases. If a database asks for a different password, it is often due to the following factors:
- Attempting to access the database directly, rather than linking from the HFC library page. Access the resource from the Library website directly.
- The database timed out due to inactivity. Initiate a new session using a link from the Library website.
- The number of simultaneous users allowed under the library's contract for the database has been exceeded. Wait a few minutes, then try to access the resource again.