Find Library Resources
Library Research Guides
Our knowledge base FAQ provides answers to questions about the library and the resources you can use.
Hours during Summer Semester:
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
External resources and partners
Troubleshooting access to online resources
The Henry Ford College Eshleman Library provides online research databases for students, faculty, and staff. These databases are accessible from off campus with a library barcode number.
If you need a library card or you need help, please contact a librarian.
Browser, network, website security or ISP problem (most common issues):
- Browser issues: Try a different web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari). This is the most common solution. Databases such as CINAHL and Kanopy often work best in Firefox.
- Browser cache full: Go to your browser settings and clear the history (cache) and cookies, restart your browser, and try to reconnect.
- Browser update required: Check to ensure that your browser is up to date.
- Local firewall preventing use of the library proxy: This problem is common in corporate or institutional settings. Contact your local network administrator for support.
- Internet service provider (ISP) preventing use of the library proxy: Some ISPs, especially satellite providers, may prevent the use of proxies. Contact your ISP for support.
- Please contact a librarian
Database is asking for a password other than library barcode
The library usually does not use separate login information for databases. If a database asks for a different password, it is often due to the following factors:
- Attempting to access the database directly, rather than linking from the HFC library page. Access the resource from the Library website directly.
- The database timed out due to inactivity. Initiate a new session using a link from the Library website.
- The number of simultaneous users allowed under the library's contract for the database has been exceeded. Wait a few minutes, then try to access the resource again.
- Michigan Electronic Library (MeL) databases - access to a set of databases for all Michigan residents; login with your driver's license or state ID.
- Chat with a Librarian to troubleshoot.