Troubleshooting access to online resources
The Henry Ford College Eshleman Library provides online research databases for students, faculty, and staff. These databases are accessible from off campus with a library barcode number.
If you need a library card or you need help, please contact a librarian.
Browser, network, website security or ISP problem (most common issues):
- Browser issues: Try a different web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari). This is the most common solution. Databases such as CINAHL and Kanopy often work best in Firefox.
- Browser cache full: Go to your browser settings and clear the history (cache) and cookies, restart your browser, and try to reconnect.
- Browser update required: Check to ensure that your browser is up to date.
- Local firewall preventing use of the library proxy: This problem is common in corporate or institutional settings. Contact your local network administrator for support.
- Internet service provider (ISP) preventing use of the library proxy: Some ISPs, especially satellite providers, may prevent the use of proxies. Contact your ISP for support.
- Please contact a librarian
Database is asking for a password other than library barcode
The library usually does not use separate login information for databases. If a database asks for a different password, it is often due to the following factors:
- Attempting to access the database directly, rather than linking from the HFC library page. Access the resource from the Library website directly.
- The database timed out due to inactivity. Initiate a new session using a link from the Library website.
- The number of simultaneous users allowed under the library's contract for the database has been exceeded. Wait a few minutes, then try to access the resource again.