Inside Track Mentoring Program
Sign up today for the Inside Track mentoring program.
Inside Track is a student mentoring program that pairs current HFC students (mentors) with new HFC students (mentees). The goal of the program is to provide support and guidance to students as they transition to college life. Inside Track is both a student support program and social club.
Benefits to Joining Inside Track
- Receive support and encouragement throughout your HFC experience.
- Receive up-to-date information about campus events and activities.
- Participate in social and academic events across campus and in the community.
- Explore diversity.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
These are only some of the benefits when you are a part of Inside Track.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a Mentor?
A mentor is a student who has been on campus for at least one year and has received training about HFC’s many academic and social resources. A mentor is able to either answer most questions a mentee may have or to direct the mentee to the appropriate resources.
Click here for more information on mentors.
Who is a Mentee?
A mentee is a very wise college student who wants to succeed in college and would not mind a little support along the way either socially or academically. Participation in Inside Track will provide the following benefits and so much more!
- An introduction to HFC’s social, academic and cultural resources;
- An easy way to get involved in activities on campus;
- Opportunities to make new friends;
- Connecting and building relationships with students from different backgrounds;
- Learn about free academic support.
Does it cost anything to participate in the program?
The program is FREE. There may be incidental costs associated with extra activities that mentors and mentees may choose to do on campus (like grabbing a cup of coffee at the student center).
How long does the mentor/mentee relationship last?
The relationships officially lasts throughout the end of each semester. However, a mentee may continue in the program as long as he or she chooses.