Great Compensation Packages
HFC offers a competitive compensation package for qualifying employees (see bargaining agreements below for info) that provides a full spectrum of benefits including health, dental, vision, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and extensive paid time off.
Competitive Compensation Packages
Paid Time Off and Holidays through 2023
In addition to Sick, Personal Business, and Vacation paid time off, HFC employees receive 15 paid holidays per year:
Fiscal year 2020-2021 paid holidays:
- Independence Day - Friday, July 3 through Monday, July 6, 2020
- Labor Day - Monday, September 7, 2020
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 26, 2019 through Friday, November 27, 2020
- Winter Break - Wednesday, December 23, 2020 through Friday, January 1, 2021
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Monday, January 18, 2021
- Spring Break day - Friday, March 12, 2021
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 31, 2021
- Independence Day - Monday, July 5, 2021
Fiscal year 2021-2022 paid holidays:
- Monday, September 6, 2021 - Labor Day
- Thursday, November 25, 2021 through Friday, November 26, 2021 - Thanksgiving
- Thursday, December 23, 2021 through Saturday, January 1, 2022 - Winter Break
- Monday, January 17, 2022 - Martin Luther King Holiday
- Thursday, March 10 through Friday, March 11, 2022 - Spring Break days
- Monday, May 30, 2022 - Memorial Day
- Monday, July 4, 2022 - Independence Day
Fiscal year 2022-2023 paid holidays:
- Monday, September 5, 2022 - Labor Day
- Thursday, November 24, 2022 through Friday, November 25, 2022 - Thanksgiving
- Friday, December 23, 2022 through Monday, January 2, 2023 - Winter Break
- Monday, January 16, 2023 - Martin Luther King Holiday
- Thursday, March 9 through Friday, March 10, 2023 - Spring Break days
- Monday, May 29, 2023 - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, July 4, 2023 - Independence Day
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Mental Health, and more
HFC offers robust health benefits to most employees at reasonable employee contribution cost, including:
- Health care / medical (details depend on collective bargaining unit -- employee premium and copays vary)
- Dental care (no employee premium; copays specified)
- Vision care (no employee premium; copays specified)
A few of the additional resources offered at no charge to employees include:
- Employee Assistance Program - mental and psychological health services
- Bereavement Support Services
- Health Advocate
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Information
- Health Savings Account (HSA) -- portable, earns interest, does not expire
Specific benefits are determined by the employee's collective bargaining unit; See the appropriate benefit package.
HFC welcomes Megan Akkari
Megan Akkari supports students through the HFC School of STEM, and will soon be an HFC student herself.
Get to Know HFC: Donovan Shaffer
Meet the guy who unexpectedly delivered his own son on a snowy day, and who loves his “perfect fit” IT job at HFC.
HFC welcomes Michael Sepulveda
SoLA Academic Affairs Assistant is the latest addition to the HFC team.
Assistant Coach Priebe completes national CEO Leadership Academy
HFC coach can't wait to implement what he learned at the 2021 Summer CEO Leadership Academy in the upcoming season.
Human Resources Office
We are a full-service human resources department responsible for talent acquisition, onboarding, benefits, compensation planning and administration, employee development, and the negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements. We use the College's mission statement and strategic plan as a guide to recruit, retain, and engage a team of diverse, well-qualified employees, while partnering with the College community to foster an environment that creates, encourages, and maintains the well-being of faculty, staff, students, and the broader community.
If you have questions about employment-related matters at HFC, contact our Human Resources Office.
For HFC Employees: whom to contact for assistance
Lynn Borczon, Assistant Director, Human Resources, and Title IX Coordinator
x9664 (email@example.com). Compensation and day-to-day HR operations relating to benefits, labor, and talent management.
Tracye Davis, Assistant Director, Human Resources – Performance, Development, and Engagement
734-620-0307 (firstname.lastname@example.org) Day-to-day HR operations relating to talent acquisition, performance management, training/talent development solutions, and engagement processes.
Mark Tade, Assistant Director, Employee and Labor Relations
(email@example.com) - Day-to-day HR operations relating to employees and collective bargaining units.
HR Team Members
Jennifer Chapman, Special Assistant to the VP for Strategy and HR
313-845-6455 (firstname.lastname@example.org). General HR-related questions or assistance.
Terri Hagen, Talent Acquisition Coordinator
x6454 (email@example.com). - Talent management including Cornerstone hiring process and on-boarding of new hires.
Adam Jaber, HRIS Analyst
x9820 (firstname.lastname@example.org) Day-to-day HR operations relating to HR Information Systems (HRIS), including Cornerstone and HANK. Provide support to HR software end users.
vacant, Compensation Analyst
x9855. Employee compensation, PAFs, and payroll.
Tiffany Webster, Human Resources Generalist
x9692 (email@example.com). All matters pertaining to employee benefits.
Still not sure whom to call?
Contact Jennifer Chapman, who will route you to the appropriate team member.
COVID-19 Resources and Information for Employees
Return to Campus Phases (PDF document)
The Henry Ford College Federation of Teachers, Local 1650, represents full-time faculty, counselors, librarians, Placement/Co-op and Student Activities Officers, and the Athletic Director at the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 23, 2021. John McDonald is the President of the Union.
Adjunct Faculty Organization (AFO)
The Henry Ford College Adjunct Faculty Organization represents part-time instructional staff teaching credit courses, counselors, librarians, and Placement/Co-op and Student Activities Officers at the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 26, 2021. Lynn Boza is the President of the Union.
The Henry Ford College Administrators’ Association, Local 71, represents employees at the College who serve as administrators, supervisors, and managers. The Association does not represent administrators who report directly to the President of the College. The current bargaining agreement expires on June 30, 2021. Joe Zitnik is the President of the Association.
HFC Support Staff Association (SSA)
The Henry Ford College Support Staff Association, which was formed in November 2011, represents employees at the College who serve in administrative and technical support, food service, and facilities and operation. The current collective bargaining agreement expires on June 30, 2020. Kimberly Kaier is the President of the Association.
Dearborn Schools Operating Engineers Association
The Dearborn Schools Operating Engineers Association represents engineers at the College, as well as engineers who work for the Dearborn Public Schools. The current bargaining agreement expires on August 31, 2018. Michael Wieczorek is the Union representative at the College.
In accordance with the Higher Education Reauthorization Act, prospective employees may access consumer information including:
Employment Law Compliance
- OSHA Job Safety and Health
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Right to Work
- Your Rights Under USERRA
- FMLA - Family Medical Leave Act
- Federal Minimum Wage Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Michigan Safety & Health Protection On The Job
- Michigan Unemployment Compensation Notice To Employee
- Michigan Minimum Wage & Overtime
- Michigan Law Prohibits Discrimination
- Michigan Whistleblowers Protection Act
- SDS Location
- New or Revised SDS
- MIOSHA FORM 300A 2017
- FFCRA - Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- HFC Return to Campus Playbook (requires login)
HFC Board Policies, including Employment policies, can be found on our policies website.
- Conflicts of Interest, Nepotism, and Outside Activities
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Evaluations
- Equal Educational and Employment Opportunities and Non-Discrimination
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Job Descriptions
- Social Media and Cell Phone Use
- Standards of Conduct and Civility
- Whistleblowers' Protection Policy