Inside Track Mentoring Program
Sign up today for the Inside Track mentoring program.
The Inside Track is a special program designed to give you, the first time student, the opportunity to meet faculty and staff who have the inside scoop on how to improve your grades and take the best advantage of financial aid and scholarships. It also helps you resolve problems quickly and effectively.
Benefits to Joining Inside Track
- Receive support and encouragement throughout your HFC experience.
- Receive up-to-date information about campus events and activities.
- Participate in social and academic events across campus and in the community.
- Explore diversity.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Gain financial support through financial workshops and financial counseling.
- Develop and practice your communication skills.
These are only some of the benefits when you are a part of Inside Track.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a Mentor?
Mentors are the extraordinary group of upper-class students who are role models for success. The Inside Track program is a person-to-person system between first-year students (mentees) and upper-class students (mentors).
Click here for more information on mentors.
Who is a Mentee?
A mentee is a first-time college student who would like to make a positive transition into the academic and social life by engaging in collegiate building experiences. This program is for students who are new to the College and who:
- Need more guidance and support.
- Want to get involved in activities on campus.
- Are anxious about making new friends.
- Are interested in learning about available free academic support.
Does it cost anything to participate in the program?
The program is FREE. The costs associated with extra activities that each mentor and mentee may choose to do together on or off campus will be the responsibility of the mentor and/or mentee.
How long does the mentor/mentee relationship last?
The relationships officially lasts throughout the end of each semester. Even though the official program ends at the close of each semester, many mentor/mentee relationships last a lot longer. Many build friendships that last throughout the rest of their college experience and some that will last for the rest of their lives. It is up to you!
How can I sign up?
Apply online to the Inside Track mentoring program.