Welding Technology Basic Certificate
Focuses on the skills needed in performing basic Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, and the thermal cutting processes. Upon successful completion, the student will have the skills necessary for an entry-level position in the manufacturing and service industries where they could use welding as a means to build and repair various products.
- Analyze cutting and welding processes to identify and apply appropriate safe work practices.
- Communicate effectively within the industrial welding profession.
- Operate electrical and thermal cutting processes.
- Set-up and perform welding operations with the appropriate process on various metals in different situations.
Required Core Courses
Required Support Courses
Requirements are Subject to Change
- Production Welder
- Entry-Level Maintenance Welder
- Entry-Level Shop Welder
- Entry-Level Fabricator