Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship
Prepares students who are contemplating starting their own business or who currently own and operate their own business. This certificate focuses on accounting and finance, customer service, marketing, and management. Students will prepare a business plan for a business of their choice. The Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship certificate may be used as a building block towards earning an associate's degree in Management.
- Interpret basic financial statements.
- Apply management theory to effectively supervise the human resources of an organization.
- Evaluate management decisions given an organization’s relationship to the external business environment.
- Recognize common problems in managing an organization.
- Employ computer applications to perform business activities.