Manufacturing Production Specialist
Provides foundation skills and experiences in manufacturing processes and systems, develops an awareness of manufacturing systems and technologies, and creates a level of technological literacy essential for today’s advanced manufacturing operations. The Basic Manufacturing Production Specialist certificate provides the educational essentials for working at the production level in Advanced Manufacturing and leads to the Mechatronic Manufacturing Associate in Applied Science Degree.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the mathematical functions specific to their trade.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the occupational health and safety requirements relative to the workplace in general and specific to their trades.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic industrial computer applications in the general workplace and specific to their trades.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of graphic design relative to the general workplace and specific to their trades.
- Demonstrate an understanding of job skills specific to their trades.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the following essential knowledge and skills: troubleshooting, measurement, communication, use of hand tools, use of personal protection equipment, graphic interpretation, and problem solving.
- High school diploma or GED
- ASSET Reading score of 48 or better OR a COMPASS Reading score of 51 or better and a Writing score of 78 or better by the end of the first semester
- ASSET or COMPASS Writing score sufficient for placement in ENG-131 by the beginning of the second semester. These requirements may also be fulfilled by successful completion of developmental English course
- Successful completion of TAMA-110 or MATH-101 with a grade of C or better