Industrial Distribution — Technical Concentration
Students can take their industrial distribution career to the next level as a technical representative. Combining product specification and application with customer service, this is a rewarding and challenging career for those with both technical aptitude and an interest in sales.
Currently more starting-level jobs in Industrial Distribution exist than the number of qualified people to fill these jobs. This trend is expected to continue.
Individuals in Industrial Distribution:
- Support customers through phone or personal contact.
- Represent manufacturers'' new and existing products.
- Provide customer service.
- Manage inventory and warehouse functions.
Career Opportunities include:
- Business Managers
- Customer Service Representatives
- Inside/Outside Sales Representatives
- Inventory/Warehouse Managers
- Technical Product Line Specialists
While salaries will vary based on experience and education, compensation is competitive.*
Outside Sales: $40,000-$80,000
Branch Management: $40,000-$70,000
Inside Sales: $28,000-$65,000
Customer Service: $22,000-$40,000
*Sources: American Society of Employers; Power Transmission Distributors Association.
To learn more about Industrial Distribution, please visit www.industrialcareerspathway.org.
Required Core Courses
Students may take either TADV 100 or TAGD 110.
TAFD 120, TAMA 110, TAMA 120, TAFD 150, and TAMN 100 are required courses.
*Course prerequisites are to be observed.