CAD Technology - Industrial Drafting - SolidWorks
Enables designers, engineers, and students with previous CAD background to become proficient in this powerful and versatile design software. Application modules include Sketcher, Part, Drawing, and Assembly. SolidWorks software is used by automotive tier one and tier two suppliers, appliance and furniture manufacturers, consumer products manufacturers, and medical equipment manufacturers.
- Develop knowledge of career opportunities and demonstrate the requisite entry level CAD and Industrial Drafting skills for the Manufacturing Industry.
- Utilized drafting principles to read and comprehend a part drawing.
- Applied and layout dimensions on a part drawing for manufacturing.
- Create a part design using 3D CAD software program.
- Create orthographic views of a part design utilizing 3D CAD software program.
- Create section views of a part.
- Project an auxiliary view from an inclined surface.
Required Core Courses
Requirements are Subject to Change