CAD Technology — Industrial Drafting - CATIA
Enables designers, engineers, and students with previous CAD background to become knowledgeable and proficient in this powerful and versatile software. Usage of CATIA V5 is increasing in the automotive and supplier industry. Course work covers some of the most commonly used Work Benches such as Sketcher, Part, Drafting, Assembly, and Generative Shape Design (surfacing).
- Develop knowledge of career opportunities and demonstrate the requisite entry level CAD and Industrial Drafting skills for the Manufacturing Industry.
- Utilized drafting principles to read and comprehend a part drawing.
- Applied and layout dimensions on a part drawing for manufacturing.
- Create a part design using 3D CAD software program.
- Create orthographic views of a part design utilizing 3D CAD software program.
- Create section views of a part.
- Project an auxiliary view from an inclined surface.
Required Core Courses
Requirements are Subject to Change