Automotive Technology — Dynamometer Technician
Provides the necessary knowledge and laboratory experience to achieve entry-level job skills in those courses relating directly to the set-up, operation, and data acquisition system commonly employed in automotive chassis and engine dynamometers. Because the course work for the Certificate of Achievement transfers into the two-year degree program, it is highly recommended that students complete certificate requirements prior to degree requirements.
- Demonstrate proper use of special tools.
- Use safety equipment properly.
- Dissemble, perform critical measurements, resemble, and demonstrate satisfactory operation of components.
- Perform job specific tasks as required for NATEF accreditation.
- Demonstrate proper use of tools and equipment commonly found in industry.
- Research proper service information using common current industry technology.
- Demonstrate proper care and use of emerging technology tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate proper care and use of alternative energy tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of emerging technologies.
Required Core Courses
Requirements are Subject to Change
The Automotive Technology program is certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) Board.
- Lawrence Technological University
- Wayne State University
• Data Evaluation Specialist
• Dynamometer Technician
• Engineering Technician
• Test Driver