Graphic Design: Animation
Offers experience developing skills and knowledge in the area of animation. Animators are artists who create the magic of motion. With animation commonplace on television, movies, gaming and the web, there is a demand for artists with the skill and know-how to produce creative animation. Computer and drawing skills are very important in this field.
- Sketch and refine preliminary concepts for traditional and digital animation as well as conceptual ideation.
- Illustrate fundamentals of design through the development of animated applications.
- Apply color theory to the creation of digital and traditional design solutions, including color correction and developing intended emotive reactions.
- Utilize current graphic design terminology as a basis for discussing and evaluating works of design, both student and professional.
- Construct vector and raster files for use in motion and digital outcomes.
- Develop digital work environments and appropriated file formats for saving work as well as for distribution of final output, prepare for print or file transfer.
- Utilize current industry software and equipment.
- Develop and present a portfolio of projects for use in seeking an entry-level position or transfer to a four-year degree program.
Required Core Courses
All graduating students must participate in a graduating exhibition.
Requirements are Subject to Change
Story Board Artist
Visual Development Artist
Story Board Assistant