Fireflies in the Garden: A Summer Star Talk
Show Times and Dates
The Wednesday show time is 7:30 p.m. on the following dates:
- May 17, 24, 31
- June 7, 14, 21, 28
- July 5, 12, 19, 26
- August 2, 9
Due to the College's commitment to serving the surrounding community, the Hammond Planetarium offers regularly scheduled shows that are free to the public. These free shows are made possible through the college’s partnership with local amateur astronomy clubs that provide the staff necessary to host them.
A different planetarium show is offered each season.
Rules and Procedures
- Doors open 15 minutes before show time.
- There is NO reserved seating for public shows. Seating is offered on a first-come-first-served basis. Groups of 10 or more are encouraged to arrange a private show.
- For detailed directions and parking information see Directions to Campus. The Hammond Planetarium is located in the HFC Science Center (bldg. J). We recommend that you park in lots 10, 9 or 8.
- For your safety and the safety of those around you we ask that you please remain seated until the lights come up at the end of the show.
- For health and safety reasons no food or drink is allowed in the planetarium.
- During the show, please be courteous of those around you and turn off cell phones or other messaging devices. Because of the darkness during the show, cell phones or other electronic devices will cast light on the dome and will ruin the show for you and the other guests.
- The University of Michigan Dearborn Observatory, located next door to the HFC campus, offers public observing sessions most Wednesday evenings, weather permitting, in conjunction with the public planetarium shows at HFC.