Henry Ford College

Domestic Students

HFC has students from all walks of life. The College prides itself on having such a diverse student body.

Domestic applicants are:

  • U.S. Citizens;
  • Legal Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders);
  • Refugees;
  • Asylees; and
  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).

Just complete the steps below and you will be ready to start classes. You can complete these steps online or you can visit the Welcome Center if you would like in-person help.

NOTE: If you were previously admitted as a First Time, Transfer, or International Student, you do NOT need to submit this application again. You are ready to register for classes. Previous Guest Students applying as a Domestic or International Student do need to submit application below.

If you have graduated from HFC, you do not need to re-apply. Please complete a Change of Program form to be ready to register.

Complete the Application for Admission

  • Apply online here.
  • Or come in to the Welcome Center (Building WC) on the main campus and use one of the computers to fill out the online application.

Make It Official

Proof of meeting the admission requirements must be provided to HFC prior to admission. Proof can be met by providing one of the following:

  • An official, final high school transcript that shows proof of graduation with a diploma from a regionally accredited or a state-approved high school.
  • An official, final GED transcript from an official GED testing center that confirms passing of the GED. (NOTE: HFC does NOT accept High School Equivalency Certificates for admission.)
  • An official transcript from a regionally accredited college or university showing proof of a college degree.

Home school graduates will require the following to apply and enroll at HFC:

  • A parent or guardian certifying that the applicant has completed his or her high school education. This can be accomplished by the parent or guardian providing a signed statement that the student has completed high school or providing a high school transcript showing a diploma from the home school and
  • Official ACT scores showing the applicant has met or exceeded the ACT College Readiness Benchmarks in English and math: English with a score of 18 or higher and math with a score of 22 or higher.

Applicants who have graduated from a non-U.S. high school must have their documents translated and evaluated by an outside agency, such as World Educational Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), and demonstrate to HFC's satisfaction that he or she have earned at least the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma. For details on documents required, go to the Transcript Request page.

Click here for tips on how to request official documents from previous schools/organizations. For information on online high school accreditation, click here.

Official transcripts are those that are sent directly from one educational institution to another, and are not handled by the student (even if they are in sealed envelopes). Have any required documents sent to HFC by:

ATTN: Admissions
Henry Ford College
5101 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128

You can also have the educational institution FAX your records to 313-845-9891 or email them as a PDF attachment to enroll@hfcc.edu.

If your school/school district participates in the digital transcript program Parchment, HFC also accepts transcripts that way. Please check with your school/school district or current educational institution for information on their transcript request process.

NOTE: We follow the official transcript definition of the Michigan Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (MACRAO). An official transcript CANNOT be handled by a student, even in a sealed envelope. The document must be received directly from the issuing institution to be considered official.

Participate in Course Placement

  • Course Placement will help you select the correct English and/or math classes. It’s free and taken on a walk-in basis at the Welcome Center.
  • Please bring a valid photo ID.
  • Arrive at least 2.5 hours before the Welcome Center closes. Hours: http://www.hfcc.edu/about_us/hours* If you scored above certain levels on your ACT(s), course placement might not be necessary.
    • If you received a score of 18 or higher on the ACT English section, with a 6 or higher on the Writing Test, you can skip Course Placement for English.
    • If you have not taken the ACT Writing Test, then a score of 18 on the ACT English section is sufficient.
    • A score of 22 or higher on the math section will allow you to waive Course Placement for math.
    • Visit www.hfcc.edu/courseplacement for more information.

Meet with an Advisor

  • It’s often helpful to meet with an academic advisor, especially if you are a new student. Advisors can see students on a walk-in basis at the Welcome Center or by appointment.
  • To see what classes you need to take for your program of study or to see what classes you would need if you switched to a different program, log on to WebAdvisor and use the Program Evaluation Tool.

Register for Classes

  • Register online from any computer using WebAdvisor. Computers are available at the Welcome Center to do this.
  • Use the Schedule Planner in WebAdvisor to help you plan your classes.

Pay for Classes

  • There are a number of great options to help with paying for tuition at HFC.
  • Financial aid is available; apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
  • A scholarship listing is at www.hfcc.edu/scholarships.
  • Pay online using WebAdvisor, or pay (in cash) at the Welcome Center. For more info, visit the Cashiers page.
  • Or you can sign up for the convenient EZ Pay program to spread out payments over several months. Visit the EZ Pay page.

Any other questions? Call 800-585-HFCC or e-mail enrollmentservices@hfcc.edu.