Henry Ford College

Advancement Plus Students: Attending Both High School & College

HFC offers the Advancement Plus Program to all students who are identified by their high school counselors or principals as having above-average academic status. This program provides a parallel route for high school students to enhance their present curriculum, enrich their academic experience, and earn college credit while attending high school. The Advancement Plus Program is intended for enrollment in college-level courses numbered 100 and above. Tuition and fees for an Advancement Plus student are paid by the student’s parent/guardian.

In each case, the counselor or principal, in cooperation with the student, will develop the student’s program of study. To qualify for the Advancement Plus Program, a student must complete the Henry Ford College Admissions Application.

Home-schooled students must obtain approval of HFC’s associate dean of Counseling. Advancement Plus students desiring placement in Mathematics, Chemistry or English are required to take the appropriate placement tests.

  1. Speak with Your High School Counselor
    Discuss with your high school counselor which classes best meet your needs.

  2. Complete an Application to HFC Online
    See the application instructions for more information.

  3. Pay for Classes
    Our EZ Pay Program is a great way to help pay for tuition at HFC.

What is Advancement Plus?

  • Advancement Plus is a program in which public, private, or home-schooled students may take college courses that are paid for by the student's parent(s)/guardian(s).
  • Home-schooled students must get the approval of the HFC Counseling Director before he or she can be considered for Advancement Plus. Please contact 313-845-9611.

For additional information, please call an Enrollment Associate at 800-585-HFC (4322).

The Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Act Update Memorandum is available online at the State of Michigan website (search for dual enrollment).