Office of Secondary Partnerships

The Office of Secondary Partnerships works with High School students, teachers and counselors to create a smooth transition from high school to college for career and technical education students.

What is Career and Technical Education (CTE)?

CTE has a long and rich history in the United States. Today’s CTE has evolved from a limited number of vocational programs available at the turn of the 20th century into a broad system that encompasses a variety of challenging fields in diverse subject areas which are constantly evolving due to the changing global economy.

Today's CTE provides students:

  • Academic subject matter taught with relevance to the real world
  • Employability skills, from job-related skills to workplace ethics
  • Career pathways that link high school and college education

Earn HFCC College Credit in High School – FREE!

Did you know that during your junior and senior years of high school you can:

  • Reduce the overall cost of college, and
  • Earn college credit toward an Associate degree or Certificate program.

What is Articulated Credit?

Many career and technical education (CTE) classes taught in high school are aligned with CTE classes at HFCC. Students who successfully complete a participating CTE program at one of our partner high schools and apply for articulated credit within three years of graduation may be eligible to receive college transfer credit on their HFCC transcript for course work completed in high school.

Here's How...

1. Click here to download the CTE Student Application for Articulated Credit form and complete Part A.

2. Ask your high school CTE teacher or administrator to complete Part B on the CTE Student Application for Articulated Credit form, including the authorizing signature.

3. Submit your completed form to:

Henry Ford Community College
CTE Office of Secondary Partnerships
5101 Evergreen Road, ASCC Room 338
Dearborn, MI 48128-1495

4. Allow two (2) weeks for your application to be reviewed. Once your application has been reviewed, a representative from HFCC’s CTE Office of Secondary Partnerships will contact you.

5. Complete and submit a Henry Ford Community College Admission Application available from your high school counselor or online at

6. Prior to registering for classes, meet with the appropriate HFCC Lead Instructor to review college courses at HFCC that must be completed in order to receive your articulated credit. Lead Instructor names and contact information for each HFCC program of study are available online at or call the CTE Office of Secondary Partnerships at 313-317-6509