Admissions Application Instructions
Admissions Application Instructions for:
- Dual Enrollment;
- Advancement Plus;
- Collegiate Academy; and
- Henry Ford Early College.
Thank you for your interest in Henry Ford College (HFC)! The purpose of this document is to guide high school students and counselors through HFC’s online application for programs open to current high school students. If you have any questions regarding the application, please contact us at 1-800-585-HFCC or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creating an Application Account
Students must first create an account in order to submit an application to HFC. Students who wish to apply to HFC in future semesters will be able to log into this same account and avoid having to re-enter the same information.
- Direct the student to the application page.
- Instruct them to either sign into their existing account or create a new account if they do not already have one.
- The students' account will consist of their email address and a password they establish while creating the account. Students will also be asked to provide a security question/answer in case they forget their password and need to access their application account in the future.
Completing and Submitting the Application
After the student has successfully created their account, they may begin an application by selecting the “Apply” button. Instruct the student to fill out all fields. Students will choose their enrollment status and enter their high school information through the Plans and High School sections of the application. Guide them to use the following field selections:
- In the Plans section, for field "Which of the following best describes your current educational level/goals?" select "3.) I am a Current High School Student interested in taking HFC courses while I’m in High School (ie Dual Enrollment, Early College)."
- In the Plans section, under Academic Plans, for both fields “What type of program do you plan to enroll in at HFC?” and “Area of Interest” select “Non Degree (including Dual Enrollment Early College Collegiate Academy).”
- In the Plans section, under Academic Program, for field "Academic Program" students should select the exact program to which they wish to apply.
- In the High School section, for fields “Graduation Month” and “Graduation Year” students should select the approximate month and year they expect to graduate.
Have Questions? Please contact Jeremy Guc at email@example.com or 313-845-9695.