"There was always tons of parking. It was a pleasant place to sit down and take the exam, especially when you're already nervous about it."
"They're very quick when it comes to scheduling the test and getting us the results."
"They provided the most help when I called. Roxanne was extremely helpful as to what I needed to do and when to come in, especially afterwards with the receipts I needed."
Workplace Skills Assessment and Training
Measure and increase the skill level of your workforce in areas such as writing in the workplace, communication skills, applied mathematics, applied technology and reading for information.
- CLEP (College Level Examination Program)
This test allows students to receive college credit for college level subject knowledge they have acquired outside of the classroom. The CLEP tests are transferable. Students should check with the college or university of their choice to obtain the transfer institution's score requirements. The CLEP Web site is www.collegeboard.com/clep. Click here for a list of CLEP exams and HFCC course equivalencies.
- Authorized Work Keys® site
WorkKeys tests assess employees and students in workplace skill areas such as Applied Technology, Reading for Information, and Applied Mathematics. It is used by employers in conjunction with workplace skills analysis (which can be provided by M-TEC) to develop targeted training programs. It is also approved for obtaining the “highly qualified” designation for educational paraprofessionals in Michigan under the No Child Left Behind Act. www.act.org/workkeys.
- Students, jobseekers, and employees may also take the ACT's Work Keys® assessments to earn a National Career Readiness Certificate. This certificate is a portable credential which verifies to employers that jobseekers have attained core employability skills in Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, and Locating Information.
- Pearson Vue™ Authorized Testing Center
IT certification tests in Cisco®, CATIA, MySQL, Linux and more. To register, go to www.pearsonvue.com.
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) exam
CNA test (Michigan Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation Program) - This examination is required for those who are employed as Nurse’s Assistants in the state of Michigan. For information, go to www.prometric.com/nurseaide/mi. For scheduling information, please call Arlicia Summerville at 313-317-6607.
- Distance learning test proctoring services are available. An individual who is taking distance learning classes or traveling to this geographical area and needs to have a test proctored can have that service provided at M-TEC. M-TEC is a member of the National Collegiate Testing Administration and the Consortium of College Testing Centers: www.ncta-testing.org/cctc/index.php
- Kryterion Test Center. For information, www.kryteriononline.com.
- CASTLE Worldwide Test Center. For information, www.castleworldwide.com.
- ISO Quality Testing Test Center. For information, www.isoqualitytesting.com.
- Comira Testing Site. For information www.comiratesting.com
M-TEC staff can proctor company employment tests at our location.
Testing rooms meet best practice standards for testing environments.
For all M-TEC tests phone 313-317-6600.