Becoming a Hawk - Getting Started at HFCC is Convenient and Quick
Just complete the steps to success below and you will be ready to start classes. You can complete these steps online or you can visit the Welcome Center if you would like in-person help.
NOTE: If you were previously admitted as a First Time, Transfer, or International Student, you do not need to submit this application again. You are ready to register for classes. Previous Guest Students who are applying as a Domestic or International Student do need to submit the appropriate application below. If you have graduated from HFCC, you do not need to re-apply. Please complete a Change of Program form to be ready to register.
Domestic applicants are:
- U.S. Citizens
- legal Permanent Residents (Green card holder)
- and asylees
Complete the Application for Admission
- Apply online at www.hfcc.edu/apply.
- Or come in to the Welcome Center at HFCC and use one of our computers to fill out the online application.
- After completing an application, you will be billed a $30 nonrefundable application fee.
Make it Official
- an official, final high school transcript that shows proof of graduation with a diploma from a regionally accredited, or state-approved high school, or
- an official, final GED scores report or transcript from an official GED testing center showing passing of the GED, or
- an official transcript from a regionally accredited college or university showing proof of a college degree, or
- home school graduates need:
- to have a parent or guardian certify that the applicant has completed his or her high school education. This can be accomplished by the parent providing a signed statement that the student has completed high school or providing a high school transcript showing a diploma from the home school and
- to provide official ACT scores showing the applicant has met or exceeded the ACT College Readiness Benchmarks in English and math: English of 18 or higher and math of 22 or higher.
- Applicants who have graduated from a non-U.S. High School must have their documents translated and evaluated by an outside agency, such as WES or ECE and demonstrate to the College's satisfaction that you have earned at least the equivalent of a U.S. High School Diploma. For details on documents required, go to the Transcript Request page.
Click here for tips on how to request official documents from previous schools/organizations.
Proof of meeting the admission requirements must be provided to the College prior to admission. Proof can be met by providing one of the following:
Official transcripts are those that are sent directly from one institution to another, and are not handled by the student (even if they are in sealed envelopes).
Mail any required documents to:
Henry Ford Community College
Admissions, Recruitment and Enrollment Development
5101 Evergreen Road
Dearborn MI 48128
Participate in Course Placement
- Course Placement will help you select the correct English and/or Math classes. It’s free and taken on a walk-in basis at the Welcome Center.
- Please bring a photo ID.
- Arrive at least 2.5 hours before the Welcome Center closes. Hours: http://www.hfcc.edu/about_us/hours.asp
- If you scored above certain levels on your ACTs, course placement
might not be necessary.
- If you received a score of 18 or higher on the ACT English section, with a 6 or higher on the Writing Test, you can skip Course Placement for English.
- If you have not taken the ACT Writing Test, then a score of 18 on the ACT English section is sufficient.
- A score of 22 or higher on the math section will allow you to waive Course Placement for math.
- Visit www.hfcc.edu/courseplacement for
Meet with an Advisor
- It’s often helpful to meet with an academic advisor, especially if you’re a new student. Advisors see students on a walk-in basis at the Welcome Center Building.
- To see what classes you need to take for your program of study, or to see what classes you’d need if you switched to a different program, log on to WebAdvisor and use the Program Evaluation Tool.
Register for Classes
Pay for Classes
- There are a number of great options to help with paying for tuition at HFCC.
- Financial aid is available; apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- A scholarship listing is at www.hfcc.edu/scholarships.
- Pay online using WebAdvisor, or pay (in cash) at the Welcome Center. For more info, visit the Cashiers page.
- Or, you can sign up for the convenient EZPay program to spread out payments over several months. Visit the EZPay page.
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? Call 1-800-585-HFCC or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.