HFCC GuaranteesHFCC offers three guarantees to help assure its students they’re making the best choice possible. See complete details below.
- Our “tuition freeze” guarantees students that student's tuition rate will be frozen if they graduate from HFCC within four years. Any tuition increase will be refunded upon graduation when the student applies for a refund. (Tuition Freeze Guarantee)
- Our Transfer Credit Guarantee will refund a student’s tuition if any of the courses they complete at HFCC with a grade of "C" or better fail to transfer to another college or university. (Transfer Credit Guarantee)
- We guarantee all of our students will have the technical skills expected of entry-level employees. (Job Skills Guarantee)
Tuition Freeze Guarantee
HFCC’s tuition freeze guarantees any tuition increase levied by the College after a student’s initial semester of enrollment will be refunded to the student upon graduation.
- A student must earn his or her degree within four successive years of initial enrollment at HFCC.
- Any refund is based solely on the amount of tuition increase imposed after the initial semester of a student’s four successive years at HFCC.
- A tuition refund cannot be claimed for any semester during which a student received financial aid, except for loans, or direct sponsorship for tuition.
- All course work for a degree must be completed at HFCC. Transfer students do not qualify.
- The refund applies only to the first 60 to 62 credit hours needed to complete a degree program.
- Only one refund per student is allowed.
- Application for a refund must be made within one year of the student’s graduation date.
To apply for the Tuition Freeze Guarantee, upon graduation, send your request to:
Tuition Freeze Guarantee
Registration and Records
Henry Ford Community College
5101 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
Be sure to include your name, student ID number, degree received and date of graduation.
Further information regarding the Tuition Freeze Guarantee may be obtained in the Office of Admissions, Registration and Records.
Transfer Credit Guarantee
Henry Ford Community College will refund a student’s tuition if any of the courses they pass at HFCC fail to transfer to another college or university.
- Must pass course with at least a C grade.
- Must attempt to transfer credit within two years of taking the course.
- Course must be listed as transferable on the transfer institution’s official curriculum guide sheets on file in the office of the HFCC University Transfer, Advising and Career Counseling Center.
*A grade of C minus may not qualify. Also, developmental courses do not generally transfer.
Job Skills Guarantee
Placement of Occupational Graduates Guarantee
Any graduate of an associate degree program in occupational studies judged by his or her employer as lacking in technical job skills normally expected of a job-entry-level employee will be provided further skill training of up to 16 semester credit hours by HFCC without charge.**
**See Special Conditions listed below.
Occupational Studies-Special Conditions
The graduate must have earned an associate degree beginning June 1986 or thereafter in a college-recognized specialty area (i.e., Computer Information Systems, Hospitality Studies, Administrative and Information Management), as evidenced by the area of concentration designated on the student’s transcript.
The employment must be full-time and the job must be certified by the Job Placement office as directly related to the graduate’s program of study. The initial date of employment of the graduate must be within one year of the commencement date. The Guarantee does not apply to graduates initially hired 30 days prior to the commencement date. The employer must certify in writing that the employee is lacking the job-entry-level skills identified in writing at the time of initial employment, and must specify the area(s) of skills deficiency within 90 days of the graduate's initial employment. Affective behaviors such as attitude, judgment, and interpersonal relations will be considered “technical job skills” for purposes of the guarantee provided that formal instruction in appropriate affective behaviors is included within the specialty area.
Skill retraining will be limited to 16 credit hours and to enrollment in courses regularly offered by HFCC. The skill retraining must be completed in one academic year. The employer, the graduate, and College counselor, with the advice of appropriate teaching faculty, will develop an educational plan which specifies the courses constituting the 16 credit hours of further retraining. The graduate must meet all prerequisites, corequisites, and other admission requirements for “retraining” courses. The failure, withdrawal, or audit of a “retraining” course or courses is creditable to the 16 credit hour limit. The graduate or the employer will bear the cost of books, supplies, uniforms, transportation, insurance, and other related costs. The College will waive tuition and fees.